Monday, October 15, 2012

DIY - Fall Decor

Are you sick of my sad attempts of pinterest-inspired DIY creations? If so, ignore this post.

Fall is in full swing in DC and it was time to add a little seasonal spice to the home decorations. While perusing Pinterest, I stumbled across this idea.



Classy, sleek, and seasonal. I wanted to get started right away.

Directions called for Krylon Looking Glass Spray, and suggested a white base coat.



My pumpkins did not turn out like the picture.. AT ALL. The spray gave off a silver look that I imagine would be identical to an actual silver spray.



Since I wasn't falling in love, I kept some of them white. The roomies and I are happy with the addition, but knowing the result I was going for, I can't help but be a little disappointed.

Maybe I did it wrong - and if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them!

You can't win them all in DIY-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment