Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rome for the Day

I was so lucky to have Kyle come visit me in Italy for ten days. It will be a long few months until I see him again, but I am committing myself to living in the present and enjoying my time here.

He had a morning flight out of Rome so I took the day before off work so we could train up a day early and spend some time exploring together.  He had been such a trooper the other days I worked about going on little day trips on his own and exploring the beautiful area I live in, but we both were looking forward to the opportunity to do it together.

As I am sure anyone can tell you, a day in Rome is not enough, but it is all we had to work with. I had been before, and would be going again at the end of the summer, so this day was all about the sites he wanted to see. We made it to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, the Roman Forum, the Capitol, the Vatican Museum (Sistine Chapel), the Pantheon, and Trevi Fountain. Here is a little glimpse into our day. It was wonderful but far too short. I miss that kid already.

The Colosseum







The Roman Forum


The Italian Capitol Building


Inside the Vatican Museum


St. Peter's Basilica (chairs were put out in preparation for Wednesday Mass with the Pope)


The Pantheon


Trevi Fountain  - Making a Wish :)




No comments:

Post a Comment