Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Grand Finale

Before I left Italy at the end of the summer, I spent a week in Rome with my parents (although we took day trips to Naples and Florence along the way). After making rounds around Italy all summer on a super limited budget, it was nice to ride along the mom and dad splurge trip.

This was their first trip to Italy, so I wanted to make sure they got exactly what they wanted out of it. My dad is a huge history buff, and a pretty serious catholic, so the Colloseum and Vatican were musts. My mom (like mother like daughter) loves food and vino, so we made sure to check out many samples on that front.

I'll break down some of the specific tour and restaurants later (when I am desperately wanting to relive my time in the carb-capitol of the world), but here is a photographic journey through our week exploring Italy together.

On the floor of the Colosseum

Running through Villa Borghese

Our hotel was at the top of the Spanish Steps, which made for great views and a great location, but also required serious exercise to reach the destination...not like we couldn't use it...

Exploring ancient roman ruins

Walking through history on Palatine Hill....


Making wishes at the Trevi Fountain

Late night strolls through Vatican city....





Morning cappuccinos at the adorable hotel cafe....

Exploring beautiful side streets....

Climbing to the top of the Vatican...

Getting some other great rooftop views...

Escaping to Florence for a minute....


Ending all of our days at the hotel's rooftop bar drinking Aperol sprits....


What a week! I am so blessed to have spent a summer in such a wonderful country, and so fortunate to end it on such a high note with my two favorite people.

Check out more photos of our adventures on instagram @jmicheles

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment