Friday, December 14, 2012

Fit Day Update

~~~

Today's Workout: Total body: 20 squat jumps, 20 wall sits, 20 mountain climbers, 20 burpees, 20 push ups, 20 ball pass with stability ball --> repeat three times.

~~~

So I have been tracking my progress on Fit Day for officially one week. I took this first week to eat as I normally would, not restricting anything, so that I could get a better idea of where am I am what I need to focus on. I think its easy to find a number of diets to try on the world wide web, but this allows me to tailor it to what I need to eliminate (hello carbs!) and what I need more of. I did lose a tiny bit, but I am sure that is just thanks to the timing of when I actually weighed myself this morning.


So I was happy to see that in general, I expend more calories than I take in. Also, I also liked that in general, when I am expending fewer calories, I also eat less (maybe that was just luck). However, I am taking in more than I should be to loose the weight I want in the time frame that I want, so I will need to pay attention to that next week.


So this handy tool tells me what I need to attack in my diet. Cutting carbs significantly will be key. I can also reign in my protein a tad. As a women, I need to up that calcium a bit. I have low ferritin levels, which means my body has a hard time absorbing the iron I take in. I need to increase my iron intake to improve the likelihood that I meet my recommended levels. I need to up my vitamins with some more fruits and veggies too.

Alright, so I am close to being on track without actually starting to address my diet, which is good. I plan to be side by side with the yellow line come next Friday!

Have a good weekend, everyone! I am going to try to make it through this work day and then head home to set up for tomorrow's holiday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment