Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Party 2012

~~~

Today's Workout: 30 min on elliptical, 20 min bike, 4 Mile run.

~~~

They holiday party was a success! However, my picture taking for the blog was less impressive. I tried to snap a few shots while getting set up, and had intended on taking a pictures of the final product before people arrived. Those intentions were shot the moment some of my roommate's guest showed up an HOUR early, and we will still getting ready. At that point, I was just focused on trying to pull everything together and less on the blog.



I am bummed I didn't get a chance to snap a shot of the beverage tubs I got for the event. You can see a portion of one in the picture above. We had one on the left holding champagne and wine, and the one on the right held beer. Below is what they looked like. Ours were blank. We received a lot of compliments about them, and they are available here.



As you can tell by the lighting, this was taken earlier in the day. 


This was the start of our table decor. The chocolate chip cookies were still in the oven, and the pigs in a blanket, pizza, and other yummies were still being prepared. (I'll show my prep for the desserts in a later post).

Here, with my hot date for the evening, the table is a little more pulled together.

We had about 75 people come throughout the night, and our place was packed!

We were all too busy having fun, and didn't stop to take pictures until the night was winding down.


Great minds think alike. (my dress was from modcloth, available here.)

All the roomies.

Flash = not great



In you case you were wondering, you did indeed see Tubby rocking a bow tie for the event. It was, after all, cocktail attire.



He, along with my roommate's dog (who you see walking around the above picture), were working the crowd all night, and making sure to clean up any messes people left behind. By the end of the night, he was pooped.

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you.

I love hosting parties, and every time I do I take away a few lessons to try and improve on for the next time.

1. Be ready an HOUR before the party is to start.
2. Have extra glasses put somewhere handy to grab when attendance exceeds your expectations (I couldn't find my box of extra champagne flutes and wine glasses and was running around trying to grab more as people kept running through the door, only to find them when I was cleaning the next morning.)
3. Turn the heat down (it got super hot when the attendance jumped from 10 to 40 in a matter or 15 minutes).
4. Need more seating options.

Overall, we were happy with the outcome, and can't wait for the next big bash!

No comments:

Post a Comment