Friday, February 22, 2013

Morning Runs

~~~~

Today's Workout: 3 miles easy this morning, and this arm workout video.

~~~~

I am seriously envious of morning people. My dad wakes up EVERY DAY at 4:00 am to workout. 4!!! He even does it on the weekends. He has for as long as I can remember (note: 4 am became my new curfew my first summer home from college, nothing worst then your dad getting up to workout before you have even made it home...). How? Why? He says he enjoys the quiet, and he likes the way it makes you feel the rest of the day.

Ok, all valid points. But, if you're anything like me, when your alarm goes off before the sun has even started to peak its head above the horizon, it makes you want to punch something. So many thoughts run through my head: "you can run over your lunch break, sleep while you can"; or "run after work, it will help you de-stress"; or "you haven't slept more than 6 hours any nights this week!!"

Real talk? Once I pull my grumpy butt out of bed and take that first step out the door, take that first deep cool morning breath, I don't hate it. By the time I get home, I love it. I don't know if any relationship in my life is more hot and cold than my relationship with early morning runs.

However, when you start your runs in this...



Sometimes you get to catch a glimpse of this....


I don't hate it....

No comments:

Post a Comment