Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Casseroles - Grad School Life Saver: Pesto Chicken Casserole

~~~

Today's Workout: 30 min cross train

~~~

Two things have been certain since I started graduate school:

1. I'm poor

2. I am seriously lacking in free time (especially time to cook)


Casseroles have been my life saver. In Minnesota, we call casseroles "Hot Dishes" - but whatever you call them, these suckers are the key to eating actual meals when you are on a budget with a busy schedule without having to opt for the money sucker --> takeout.

My game plan is usually to make these Sunday evenings, and then ration it out into Tupperware so I can just grab it out of the fridge on my way out the door. My favorite combinations include a pasta, meat, and some veggies so I get a little bit of everything. Not to mention in cold winter months, comfort food is good for your soul too :)

This past weekend I whipped together a favorite casserole: Creamy Pesto Chicken




No comments:

Post a Comment