Monday, March 4, 2013

Hoboken Shenanigans

~~~~

Today's Workout: 40 min biking

~~~~

This weekend was spent making questionable decisions all in the name of celebrating one of my favorite people's birthday.

Friday started with a cupcake the size of the birthday girl's face. (cupcake from Crumbs Bake Shop).


We were both in the New York spirit and dressed accordingly for work that day. #black


We left after work and got into the city late. We took the Tripper bus. (Review to come)

When we arrived in Penn Station we hopped on the Path and headed across the river to Hoboken. (on the look out for Chris and Albie Manzo...duhh)

When we arrived at our friend's gorgeous home we were greeted with more cupcakes...


After spending the night catching up, we went to bed for some much needed sleep in preparation for the Saturday's activities.

I started the day early with a run, knowing it would probably be the last healthy thing I did all day.

Not bad scenery for a morning run...


When I got back we got ready and took part in Hoboken's St. Patty's festivities.

Sandwiched between two pretty sisters

The wind was doing something really flattering with my top...
 Top - Modcloth's Pam Breezly Top in Green (not looking super great in this pic), Joe's Jeans, Target Boots (similar here)


Birthday girl breaking it down...


The day saw many pubs, many dance sessions, many laughing fits. So much fun.

My only beef with Hoboken's St. Patty's celebrations? They charge crazy covers at each bar...and that doesn't include a certain amount of drinks. Not a fan. A lot of the bars also made you wait in line forever, and then when you got in the bars were not even that busy. It was cold, and this combination made for some cranky girls as the day went on. We ended the night at Pizza Republic which had a pesto mac and cheese that was to die for. Other girls tried the Mexican Mac and Cheese and the Republic Mac and Cheese...pesto was the winner. One other girl tried the pizza and it was so so.

We all hit the hay relatively early, and I got up to meet my family for brunch at Hoboken Bar and Grill. I was a no-go on mimosas or bloodies, but I took every one's word that they were great. I had a crazy good plate of french toast, and everyone else had omelets and were raving about them. Based on the the size of the crowd, this seems to be a go-to spot for brunch in Hoboken after semi-aggressive evenings out. I'm a terrible blogger and didn't snap any photos at either restaurant.

We had a late afternoon departure time back to DC. As we boarded the bus we remarked about how ready we were to go home....but seeing this view reminded me why it's hard to get sick of this city...


I buckled down and got some work done. After a few of these I was ready for a power nap.


Until next time, NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment