Friday, May 31, 2013

Goodbyes and Butterflies

~~~~

Today's Workout: 45 min biking

~~~~

Bags are packed. I'm off to Italy tomorrow.

This week was a a wonderful blur. Roomie dinner on Wednesday night, lunch with the boss followed by coworkers happy hour on Thursday, frozen yo catered at our office today, and a fiesta at home tonight. It all seems so fun and then I realize each of these events were in honor of my departure, filled with people in my life wanting to wish me well. I have been a wave of emotions. Humbled, happy, grateful, excited, and nervous.

I know this summer will fly by. It makes me grateful for this little blog that will allow me to capture how I feel in these moments. I'm eager to see how I grow, if I change, and also what won't change (if that makes sense?).

I always feel like the best way to get the most out of an experience is to set goals, so here are some of mine for the summer:

1. Brush up on my Italian
2. Disconnect. Remember what its like to not need to always be texting/facebooking/instagraming and just live.
3. Eat good food.
4. Drink good wine.
5. Make Italian friends
6. Gain a new perspective on my country
7. Get to places in Italy I have never been before
8. Get my boyfriend to catch the travel bug
9. Show my parents a wonderful time as a thank you for everything they do for me
10. Be 25 living in Italy. Don't worry about the real world that will be staring me in the face when I return, full of life-altering decisions. All of that can be shelved. There is little I can do on that front while I'm there, and who knows when/if I will ever be able to pick up and leave like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment