Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekend Things: Fall in New York

This past weekend was a goodie. The stars aligned and my uncle from Germany and my parents all ended up in NYC. When I heard this, I quickly booked a flight up to join the party.

My parents got me an extra bed in their Waldorf Astoria suite.... don't mind if I do.....


The mornings were spent on runs with my Dad through Central Park...




And the days were spent out and about. Saturday, we checked out the much-hyped High Line, an old elevated train track through the city converted into a walking path full of greenery. It was a great way to check out some new sites while catching up with family I hadn't seen in years...




Sunday afternoon was spent brunching at the Loeb Central Park Boat House. Every time I am here, I remember this scene from SATC....



The weather was perfect for a cocktail outside while we waited for our table, and the food was perfect for a cozy afternoon spent with loved ones.



The evenings were spent with my dad's family that happen to live in Westchester. Friday evening called for fondue at Artisinol. Saturday afternoon we caught the train out to their place to enjoy some home cooking and college football. A sweet surprise was a visit from one of my fellow State Department Italian interns......


The weekend came and went far too quickly. I woke up a little gloomy on Monday, wishing I was heading out for another run with my dad instead of walking to work. I hit this street and caught myself grinning a little. Fall in DC sure makes me happy to be here.


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment