Monday, November 26, 2012

25 years and so much more

~~~~
Today's Workout: 3 miles easy

~~~~

I just returned from a great trip to Minnesota filled with my favorite family and friends.

As I waited for my early flight hope, I grabbed some oatmeal from dunkin donuts. I don't like to eat anything heavy before I fly, and it was a chilly morning so this fit the bill.



Kyle ending up changing his flight so we landed only 10 minutes apart.

We both had early mornings and since I beat him in, I snagged some coffee and waited for him at baggage claim.


Just as I was thinking Kyle was going to come down the escalator and think my thoughtfulness was girlfriend-of-the-year material, this guy was waiting at the same door. #upstaged.

  

My parents gave us a ride home, and we took a power nap before I headed out for a short run.

Our first night in called for dinner with friends, and a relatively early night because I had an early morning 5k on the agenda. I was loving the fall decor around the restaurant. Made me feel all cozy inside.


We had BEAUTIFUL weather for the race. I don't remember the last time there were this many participants. The paper said there were 16,500 registered runners/walkers which is amazing! We were running late and didn't have time to warm up, so I was happy with my finish just under 23 minutes. Here are some of the official race photos...



 Also tradition - post-race breakfast at my parents house.


After I got cleaned up, I started my Thanksgiving rounds. This day is always a whirlwind for Kyle and I. His parents are divorced, and we do our best to make an appearance at everyone's gatherings. First stop was with his Dad's side of the family, then back to my parent's place, and then to his mom's family gathering. We had little bits of Thanksgiving yummies everywhere, and I got to eat a few bites with this cutie on his first Thanksgiving that he is able to eat real food at!



Halfway through the evening, Minnesota got its first dose of snow for the year.



It picked up pace throughout the night, and we woke up to this.


Friday Morning was another busy day. First stop was breakfast with friends at Mickey's Diner in St. Paul. Yes, THE Mickey's Diner from Mighty Ducks.


After stopping at Mall of America to get some Black Friday goods, I relaxed at home with my mom and got caught up current events. 



I rallied, and headed to uptown to celebrate 25 fabulous years of life with friends. 









Saturday, my actual birthday, was spent sleeping in, running around the Minneapolis lakes with my dad, and dinner downtown. Liam had the best seat in the house.







Here's to the next 25!

No comments:

Post a Comment