Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DIY - Signage

~~~

In attempt to help hold myself accountable for my training, I am going to try to a better job of posting my daily workouts!

Today's Workout: Morning run with the roommate, 4 miles, 7:32 pace. Was the first really chilly morning in D.C.this fall so it took some time to get loosened up. First three miles were not bad, last mile (mostly uphill - thanks Georgetown) was rough.

~~~

Signage is popping up all over the place in home decorations.

Subway Art is one of my fav versions.

Chicago: Where my family is from




Minneapolis: Where I grew up



I love a good saying. I love pops of color.





I want to find room for them all.

When I was little, I was a big Winnie the Pooh fan. So much so that in a nod to my love of Pooh Bear my parents called me J Bear. It is no surprise I have a soft spot in my heart for Pooh quotes. Childish? Maybe. Am I ashamed? Nope! Life is serious enough as it is and I enjoy a little reminder of a simpler time every now and then.

I found these Pooh quotes on Etsy and thought they were adorable.




While I would love to get one, with shipping be up to $15/$10, there are a lot of other things this grad school girl would rather spend money on.

Time for DIY - I was inspired by the below option, which definitely seemed doable.



But I didn't have time to go to the store. This option seemed to fit with what I had available to me.



I just made a text box on Word, filled it with my favorite color, topped it with my preferred font, and printed.

I used card stock paper that I bought at staples.




I put it in a white frame that I already had and displayed my quote proudly on my nightstand.










You can see my other DIY attempts here and here. (Emphasis on "attempts")

No comments:

Post a Comment