Thursday, January 31, 2013

Almond Flour Love

~~~
Today's workout: Bike 4 miles easy (still recovering)
~~~

DC weather has been all over the place. Last week, we had our first real substantial snow.



Yesterday was 70 degrees. I'm sure the swinging temps played  a role in my recent run-in with the flu and walking pneumonia. When I started feeling the symptoms coming on, I knew I needed to get Tubby to the daycare since I didn't know how long I would be in urgent care. Problem was my car was in N.C. and I was too fatigued to walk him that far. Lucky for me, most cabs in D.C. will allow you to take your pup along for the ride, at an extra cost of course.



Spoiled city pup.

Now that my appetite is back, I have been craving breakfast in the mornings again. My favorite go-to breakfast is Almond Flour Pancakes from paleoplan.

I tried these out when I was looking to incorporate some paleo into my diet, but I found I enjoy these so much more than regular pancakes. The fact that they are healthier for you is a nice bonus :)

Almond Flour Pancake Recipe

1 cups almond flour
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbs coconut flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (I also add some cinnamon for taste)
1/4 tsp sea salt
coconut oil




Traditional Pancakes Nutrition: 160 calories, 8 g fat, 18 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein

vs. 

Almond Flour Pancakes Nutrition (per pancake): 149.5 Calories, 6 g fat, 2 g carbohydrate, 6.1 g protein


You can find another one of my favorite paleo creations here.

No comments:

Post a Comment