Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back to School

~~~

Monday's Workout: 3 miles on the track with Tubby before work

Tuesday Workout: 30 min through Georgetown with the roomie. Usual stop at Dean and Deluca for iced tea on the way back.

~~~

The past month has felt so indulgent. I have been able to get 8 hours of sleep a night - sometimes more! I was able to spend my weekends doing things I wanted instead of being stuck in a library. I was freed from the guilt that accompanies students of knowing there is alwayssss something I can/should be working on.

Well, all good things must come to an end.



This also means I have weird timing for my meals as I am at work until 5, and then in class until 10. Eating late enough in the day that my stomach isn't scaring everyone in class but also not using this an excuse to snack all day is the name of the game, and some days I am better at it than others. My fail safe is grabbing one of these on the way to class.



There is enough substance in there to keep me full without succumbing to grabbing bags of chips on the way out the door. Also, I could be significantly better at getting veggies in my diet so sometimes these help supplement.

This past weekend was a good way to close out this nice little break. I finally had time to watch this movie...



I highly recommend it for anyone who has run a marathon/wants to run a marathon. It was a gift from my brother for my birthday and I had no idea it was about the Chicago Marathon (which he and I ran together). It made me fall in love with the marathon (and that marathon in particular) all over again. I was getting a crazy itch to sign up for another full, but reminded myself of the promise I made to myself that I wouldn't go above a half until grad school was over. I also went hiking with some girls on the Great Falls Billy Goat Trail, ate too much Mexican food, attended a going away party for a friend that is moving to Africa (!) and capped it off with a viewing of the Golden Globes with some of my favorite people. Some snap shots of the fun....








No comments:

Post a Comment