Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Between an Anniversary and Valentine's Day

~~~~

Today's Workout: Kettlebell total body

~~~~

I got to see one of my favorite people this weekend.



Our anniversary is only 10 days before valentine's day. Since both special days fall in the middle of the work week this year, when both of us are occupied with work and/or school, this past weekend seemed like a good time to celebrate both.

Friday night was spent in the company suite at the Verizon Center for the Wizards game. Fellow Minnesota, Kris Humphries, was on the opposing team - seemed appropriate. We got to spend time with one of my favorite DC friends and her boyfriend, one of my favorite double dates on record. Being in Chinatown for the Chinese New Year was a treat - and everyone was in the holiday spirit.




Saturday night was date night. We went to Tuscana West in downtown and it was fabulous. I love most food, but without a doubt, Italian is my favorite. We started with some bruschetta alla caprese, and I went with the gnocchi alla spampinato and he went with the pollo farcito. The restaurant was warm and cozy, and we had a nice seat next to the fire place. Great food, great conversation, great night.







Other weekend activities included fetch with the beast, margs with friends at los cuates (per usual), lounging around and watching the campaign (hilarious), sprinkles cupcakes, vino, and chats about plans for the future. Writing this post makes me want to hop in my time machine and go back to this weekend. You would be hard pressed to find a moment this weekend when I didn't have a smile spread across my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment