Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Things

~~~~

Saturday's Workout: 11 miles

Sunday's Workout: 3 miles, barre class

Today's Workout: 45 min cross train

~~~~

Today is April 1. When did this happen? How is the year going by so fast?? Lots and lots of developments on my end....

Plans for the Italy internship are set! My flight is booked, apartment secured. Flight for the boyfriend to come visit booked. Flight for the parents to come visit booked. To-do list of things to handle before I take-off....growing.

But I can't wait to spend a summer working here....


As for current events in D.C., things have been busy. I was greeted with a lot of commotion on a morning run around the SCOTUS Building this past week. No matter your political views, I'm always humbled to be reminded I live in the center of a lot action.



I was fortunate enough to attend a Women in Foriegn Policy event last week at the White House, and snuck a quick pic. (Don't tell Secret Service)


While heading to class I stumbled across a new display of books that had been recently published by faculty of our University.  Another "pinch me, I'm lucky to be here moment."


I was also hoping to see some Cherry Blossoms on a run this weekend around the tidal basin given our fantastic weather, but they haven't quite made an appearance.


Sunday was spent relaxing and celebrating Easter at a friends house.





Spring is off to a cahotic start, but I'm sorta loving every minute of it. So many exciting things are on the agenda, and I'm just enjoying the ride.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment