Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Breaking News

My posts have been pretty sporadic since I got to Italy, but over the past week I have had a legitimate excuse. I was playing soccer last Thursday with some colleagues from the consulate when I fell. I grabbed my wrist immediately and knew I shouldn't look down because things were out of place, and from the looks of the people on  the field - I wasn't going to want to see it,

My friends rushed me to the nearest hospital where I went through some of the worst pain of my life as they reset my wrist. After the doctors examined the x-rays, it was clear I would need surgery, but they said the earliest I could get in would be Monday.

To say it was a traumatic few days would be an understatement. Luckily, Friday was the day my mom's care package made it to the consulate. It made the hospital stay a lot more bearable.


After 5 long nights and a surgery, I was finally released today. Almost in one piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment