Monday, March 25, 2013

Sweet Weekend with Sweet Potato Fries

~~~

Today's Workout: 60 min cross train

~~~

This past weekend was my first in over a month spent in D.C. My other half came to visit me from Chapel Hill and brought back the other love of my life.

This was the first time I have been away from the pup for more than a week since we got him. I will be going away for an international internship this summer and he will be staying with the boyfriend (stupid joint custody). We thought it would be good to give them both some practice so its less of an adjustment when I peace out for a few months.  To help cope with my withdrawals, I requested he text me a picture of the pooch every day. Here were some of my favs:



We spent a lot of the weekend spending time with friends watching basketball. We ventured out to The Daily Grill for some of the games, and snacked on some crab cake sliders.



We also tallied our brackets from the comfort of our own couch and made some homemade treats.

I love sweet potatoes and am a BIG fan of the sweet potato fries served at Top of the Hill in Chapel Hill. We decided to give it a go on our own:



The Top of the Hill version comes with cheese on top, so we usually ask for cheese to only be put on half - he loves cheese and I try to avoid it. We went with the same method in our recreation.





So delicious. I also whipped up my favorite Almond Flour Pancakes for breakfast - also seen here.



Hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment