Thursday, November 7, 2013

(Long) Weekend Things: Halloween and Making Moves

I think I win the award for least consistent blogger as of late.

Work, school, applications, pending moves, long distance relationship, the list goes on with excuses. I created this blog as a reminder to stop and appreciate what is going on in my life, and I need to get back to that!

I made my way down to Chapel Hill this past weekend. Last time I was there earlier in the fall, it was all fun and games with a girls trip conveniently to my boy's town.




This time, it was business (but it was also Halloween so we played a little).

Maybe other long distance couples can relate, but were reaching an interesting inflection point where a lot is on the verge of happening. It's exciting, stressful, wonderful, and terrifying.

I graduate in May, he has three more years of grad school (thanks a lot PhD). So if I do not move there, were locking into a few more years of distance. Not ideal. I love NC. I love this man. My graduate degree and experience is better suited to DC, but I feel like the rest of my life is waiting for me in NC. My heart is being pulled to NC, but my stubborn, independent, and rational side says to be careful about moving for a boy (even if we have been together for 5 years!).

Are you tired yet? Yea that dialogue is getting old in my head too. So this past weekend I had a million (or like ten) informational interviews. I started the fun process of networking, discovered some avenues that could be a good fit, and started to see this move as something that could work. Baby steps people.

When I wasn't trying to play chess with my future, we made the rounds at Holiday parties. We love a good couples costume. Last year, my man and I went with this. This year, separate parties called for couples with both of my other halves.

Round 1: Average Joe's Dodgeballers




Round 2: Beauty and the Beast


(FYI: This dress was a good will find the weekend before. Best $7 I've spent in awhile)

What were you for Halloween?

Have you ever moved for someone you love?

Thanks for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment